Let’s face it, it could be hard to choose the right ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning): it’s crucial to the corporate strategy definition because it affects efficiency and competitiveness, and so business performance.
In detail, among the main benefits of using an effective ERP platform, there are:
- Active control of main company flows included in the ERP: in this way, you can improve your efficiency levels and the overall quality of your business;
- All features (sales, purchases, warehouse, accounting, etc.) are fully integrated into one single platform: optimized information flow, available to all and immediately usable to define strategy and activities, and real-time monitoring of your company;
- Cost savings in terms of reduction of mistakes and execution time.
In summary, using an ERP, a company can optimize the management of all internal activities, encouraging communication and the sharing of real-time information at all levels.
On the market, of course, there are several ERP, with specific features and technologies, and this is the reason why it could be hard finding the right tool that best suits your needs.
However, you find some tips for choosing the right ERP software:
- Flexibility: the perfect ERP software doesn’t exist but, before starting the selection, it’s a good idea to analyze the business processes correctly and identify all the “must have”. In ERP market, there are many systems that can be effective for your company;
- Defined budget: ERP software is a big investment; we often think that the most expensive one is always the best one. That’s simply not true: put your business needs first;
- Integration: It’s fundamental that your ERP system is compatible with current (and future) technologies, and existing or new applications you don’t want to lose;
- Cloud: as we have explained in previous articles, now more than ever it’s important to have a cloud-based software which allows you to access it from anywhere and at any time; besides, it generally provides access to a fully functioning ERP at an affordable cost which frees up valuable time to grow your business;
- Updates and assistance: these two aspects are key elements but often not included in the purchase price of an ERP software. Updates are necessary to support the latest servers, operating systems, hardware, and database technologies, to fix bugs and take advantage of new functionalities. Customer Care assistance is equally important: even if the software can be user-friendly and easy to use, training reduces the time usually needed to learn how to use such a new system with so many functions. Besides, it can assist you in all preliminary activities for entering or transferring data in the new ERP system.
Giobby has been among the first cloud ERP in Europe: it’s multilingual, multi-users and multi-unit; it includes the main ERP functionalities for sales, purchase, stock and accounting management.
In Giobby’s DNA there’s integration: our suite integrates a CRM to manage contacts, leads, opportunities and shared calendar. Besides, you can use a Project Management Area to plan, assign tasks, share and collaborate by the project board. What else? We have a B2B workplace to manage your B2B workflow with your clients in cloud: catalogs, price lists, orders and invoices.
With Giobby, choosing your ERP software has never been easier!